FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please Click On A Question Below To See The Answer.
New Patient Appointments
- Insurance card
- Physical therapy referral /Prescription
- Driver’s License
Please make sure that you arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment so that you can fill out the necessary paperwork. To save time, you can complete the Patient Intake Forms you received and bring them to your appointment.
We make every effort to see the patient as soon as possible, appointments can be scheduled as soon as 24 to 48 hours after the initial call.
- You’ll be greeted by our helpful receptionist, who will gather some of your information.
- Next, a physical therapist will perform a comprehensive evaluation. This includes an interview to listen to your needs, and review your medical history and symptoms. It also includes a physical exam, where your physical therapist will extensively evaluate any injuries, assess your strength, mobility, and flexibility, and perform special tests to help determine the possible origins of your condition.
- Then, your physical therapist will develop your individualized treatment plan of care.
- The physical therapist will explain your medical condition and how they will treat it.
- You will collaborate with the physical therapist on establishing your patient goals, which you will achieve during your course of therapy.
- We welcome all questions and our physical therapists are happy to provide you with detailed answers.
- Treatment begins on the same day as your initial evaluation.
- A tailored home exercise program will begin.
- Lastly check out and schedule follow-up appointments.
We accept all physical therapy prescriptions no matter which facility is named on the referral.
Michigan has direct access which gives patients the ability to be evaluated and treated by a physical therapist without being referred by their doctor or other healthcare practitioner. However, each insurance plan is different. Some insurance policies will pay for up to 10 physical therapy sessions, without a referral. However, some insurance policies still require a visit to your primary care physician first. If you call our office, we would be happy to help confirm your benefits and see if a referral is required.
You can simply call your health care provider to ask about a referral for physical therapy – they may, or may not, ask to see you for an office visit. We are happy to assist you with this process if you like.
- Wear comfort, loose fitting clothing
- Your clothes should also allow us to evaluate your area of injury, so please dress accordingly.
- Normal foot wear, preferably sneakers
After your initial evaluation, we will send a copy of the examination to your doctor along with progress notes at regular intervals. We work closely with your primary care and specialty care physicians to ensure a fast and effective recovery process.
Most sessions are approximately 60 minutes.
Every person is unique, and thus have different physical therapy needs. After the physical therapist completes the extensive evaluation on your first visit, they will give you an idea of the duration and best treatment course of rehabilitation to achieve you goals.
We expect that you will begin seeing gains quite quickly. We begin by making a treatment plan for you. Our goal is to reduce or completely eliminate your pain. Physical therapy treatments often include hands-on techniques and specific movements designed to make you feel better. If at any point you feel like you are not progressing at a satisfactory rate, your doctor of physical therapy will collaborate with you and adjust your treatments appropriately.
Please click on one of the following the clinic locations of your choice [CANTON, LIVONIA, WOODHAVEN, ROCHESTER] to view our office hours.
Yes! You can pay your bill online via PAY MY BILL
ALL-PRO PHYSICAL THERAPY
Forms & Policy
If I am a physician interested in the benefits of research-based physical therapy for my patients, how do I get more information?
We are happy to provide physicians with peer-reviewed, published scientific studies on the benefits of research-based treatment programs. Please email us to request studies and to learn more about evidence-based medicine at All-Pro Physical Therapy.